Vallis Commodities Limited is a Collateral Manager offering a range of services that are risk mitigants for each transaction
Vallis Commodities provides a unique combination of pre-deal due diligence and post-transactional risk control, underwritten by our Basel compliant Lloyds of London insurance.
In basic terms, our operations undertaken at one specific site are called Collateral Management or Stock Monitoring. For a supply chain pipeline, moving product over considerable distances and often across countries, we have developed our Supply Chain Management package.
Our subsidiary, VTAS, provides a wide range of risk mitigation and assurance services including Marine and Cargo Services, Asset Recovery, Research and Audits.
We have over 581 members of staff from management to on-the-ground teams. All are employed through local subsidiaries or the UK head office.
Vallis Commodities is fully accredited and certified to the ISO 9001 standard.
Why use Vallis Commodities Limited?
- ‘Gold Standard’ reporting: daily, detailed, bespoke
- Lloyds of London insurance – fully integrated cover of Legal & Contractual Liability Insurance with Professional Indemnity
- Internal audits are considered crucial – audit team of 8, including 3 UK / South Africa based Pan-African Forensic Auditors
- Expat management in all key countries
- Personnel management – the highest standards possible throughout the company, from management to our staff on site
- Independence – no conflicts of interest
- Full recourse to the UK company as the sole entity for all contracts
Benefits and Strength of an independent Vallis Commodities:
– Vallis does not have capital tied up in our own warehouse facilities but leases warehouses according to our clients’ needs.
– This means we have no conflict of interest and can focus on providing independent collateral and stock management services to our customers.
– All our sub-contracts and logistics management processes are transparent to our customers.
– With minimal capital, our principal assets are our people.
Benefits to our clients
- Crucial Risk Mitigant under Basel 3
- Enabling of a structured transaction that reduces Risk Weighted Assets
- Independent and segregated control
- Transparency for an audit trail
- Specialist knowledge of the African and Middle Eastern markets